If you currently smoke, the best thing you can do for your health and the health of those around you is to quit. Lung cancer patients who don't smoke have better treatment outcomes.
The American Lung Association's Freedom From Smoking® has helped hundreds of thousands of people quit smoking for good. Freedom From Smoking is based on the latest addiction and behavior change models and guides tobacco users through the quitting process step by step until they become smokefree. The program is offered a number of different ways, including an in-person group clinic, an online program, a self-help manual and through telephone counseling.
- Freedom From Smoking Plus: This user-friendly interface allows you to create a personal quit smoking plan on your desktop, tablet or smartphone. Through interactive features that include videos, quizzes and activities, Freedom From Smoking Plus walks you through the quitting process and has a surround sound of support from our Lung HelpLine counselors and other quitters through our online community.
- Freedom From Smoking Group Clinics: In-person group clinics include eight sessions with a small group of eight to 16 people and are held throughout the country. Each session is designed to help smokers gain control over their behavior, and because no single quit smoking plan is effective for all smokers, the program has a variety of evidence-based techniques for individuals to combine into their own plan to quit smoking.
- Freedom From Smoking: The Guide to Help You Quit Smoking: Work through a quit smoking attempt, on your own time, at your own pace and on your own through the Freedom From Smoking self-help guide. Available in English and Spanish, call 1-800-LUNGUSA to order The Guide to Help You Quit Smoking today.
- Lung HelpLine: Staffed by respiratory therapists and certified tobacco treatment specialists, the Lung HelpLine is available to answer any question – whether you're looking to start a quit smoking attempt, want to learn more about Freedom From Smoking, or want one-on-one telephone counseling from an expert.
- Online Support Community: Chat and connect with other quitters who understand what you are going through on our Inspire.com online community: Quit Now. Signing up for a profile is quick, easy and free to access at anytime.
For more information about Freedom From Smoking®, visit Lung.org/ffs or call 1-800-LUNGUSA.